From the August 9, 2012 Salmon Recorder-Herald
– Cows were out and they were headed towards the park.
– A fire was reported up Sheep Creek on the right hand side of the road. Caller asked for Forest Service number and dispatch gave them fire dispatch number 756-5157. Later caller phoned back and apologized. He said it was only the moon coming up over the hill and not flames that he saw.
– A vehicle was reported spinning cookies at the City Park. Caller asked for an officer so perpetrators don’t hurt anything or themselves.
– Some kids were reported chasing a pig on the Red Rock Stage Road. Caller was scared it was going to go to the highway.
– Kids were reported jumping off of the big bridge. The caller did not think it was a good idea.
– Black cows were reported on the road.
– Caller said his 25-year-old wife just passed out in front of the Owl Club. She was fine all day and just collapsed.